Bringing the Amalfi home with this one! This sweet, tangy and zesty dessert is my twist on a classic! One truly for the lemon lovers as this one packs a punch!
- 250 g Sugar (for the syrup)
- 6 tbs Sugar (for the cream)
- 200 ml Water
- 2 Lemons peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon zested
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 500 g Mascarpone
- 500 ml Thickened cream
- 4 Egg yolks
- Packet of savoiardi biscuits
- Make the syrup by adding 250g of sugar, water, lemon zest strips and lemon juice into saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix mascarpone, cream, egg yolks and 6 tbs of sugar with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Stir through lemon zest and 2 tbs of limoncello. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, layer cream, savoiardi biscuits dipped in cooled syrup, drizzle of limoncello and repeat.
- Tap the dish a couple of times to 'settle' and then place in the fridge to set overnight.
- Serve with candied lemon strips from the syrup.