Last updated: 24 October 2020
Welcome to our Site. These are our terms for use of the Site which you may access in several ways, including but not limited to the web, PDAs, mobile phones and RSS feeds. These Terms & Conditions (terms) apply whenever you access the Site, regardless of how you access the Site.
Use of this Site
- The Publisher, as set out at the end of these terms (Reciprocal Recipes), is the owner and operator of this Site.
- Each user of this Site (User or you) agrees to be bound by these terms. Your use of and access to this Site indicates your acceptance of and agreement with these terms, as they exist at the time of use.
- Reciprocal Recipes may amend these terms at any time by posting changes on the Site. If you use the Site (other than to review the amended terms) after a notice of change has been provided, you will be deemed to have accepted the new terms. Reciprocal Recipes will include on the Site the date on which it last made amendments to these terms.
Content and functionality of the Site
- Reciprocal Recipes may alter, suspend or discontinue the Site and/or its functionality and/or the content made available through the Site at any time, with or without notice to Users, and, to the full extent permitted by law and subject to the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, Reciprocal Recipes will not be liable to any User or to any third party should it exercise such rights.
- In some circumstances the Site will allow Users to access and download certain content onto your device(s). Some such content may not be available at all times in the future for subsequent download and Reciprocal Recipes will have no liability to you in such circumstances subject to the remainder of these terms.
- All intellectual property in relation to content on this Site belongs to Reciprocal Recipes or its licensors, advertisers or affiliates. You obtain no interest in that intellectual property. All content on this Site is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the content.
- The logos of the Site are trademarks of Reciprocal Recipes or its related bodies corporate. Other trademarks may be displayed on the Site from time to time. These may belong to third parties. Nothing displayed on the Site should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any logo, trademark or masthead displayed on the Site, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
Liability & Indemnity
- Reciprocal Recipes does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (ACL) or equivalent State or Territory legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Reciprocal Recipes otherwise excludes all rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of the Site whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, including the ACL, the following provisions apply:
a) Reciprocal Recipes does not warrant the accuracy of the content which you access through this Site. The content is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis and on the condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy of the content and rely on it at your own risk. All content which you access through this Site may be changed at Reciprocal Recipes’ sole discretion and without notice.
b) Reciprocal Recipes will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this Site.
c) Reciprocal Recipes does not warrant that functions of this Site or which you access through this Site, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, that there will be no technical problems which prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of the Site or any content which ought to be accessible through the Site, or that Reciprocal Recipes or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs.
- Where permitted under local law, including the ACL, liability of Reciprocal Recipes, for any breach of a term or condition implied by law is limited at Reciprocal Recipes’ discretion, to the supply of any service again or the payment for the cost of having any service supplied again. However, Reciprocal Recipes cannot limit its liability in this manner if you establish that it would not be fair or reasonable for Reciprocal Recipes to do so.
Third Party Content & Links
- This Site may include third party content which is subject to that third party’s terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right for you to use that content.
- This Site may include links to third party sites which are not related to Reciprocal Recipes and in relation to which Reciprocal Recipes has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this Site does not indicate any relationship between Reciprocal Recipes and that third party or any endorsement by Reciprocal Recipes of that third party, its site or the products or services which it is advertising.
- When you submit content to Reciprocal Recipes in any format, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, you grant Reciprocal Recipes a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to publish, transmit or otherwise use that content in our published materials, now and in the future and to attribute you, using the details you have provided to us, as the contributor/author/provider of that content.
- Reciprocal Recipes reserves the right not to use the content you submit.
- You warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright, in the content you contribute, that your content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law.
- You indemnify Reciprocal Recipes against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Reciprocal Recipes as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
- You waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and use by Reciprocal Recipes in accordance with these terms.
- Users must not use this site for any purpose or in any way which is unlawful.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state or territory set out below.
Nothing on this Website constitutes an offer for the preparation, placement, or publication of an advertisement. No guarantees are provided regarding the availability of placement. The Website gives indicative information only regarding advertising in the various publications listed on the Website. Rates quoted are not binding on Reciprocal Recipes or any of its affiliates. Any person who wants to place an advertisement within any of the online properties listed on the Website must contact a Reciprocal Recipes Sales representative in order for rates to be finalised and final bookings to be confirmed. Final rates applicable for any booking will be reflected in the booking order form. Advertising accepted by Reciprocal Recipes is subject to the ordinary terms and conditions set out in the order form or rate card and is between Advertiser and Reciprocal Recipes or such other Reciprocal Recipes affiliate as is relevant to the particular online property which will carry the advertisement.
Rates and Specifications
Reciprocal Recipes does not warrant the accuracy of the Content. All rates and specifications are subject to change at Reciprocal Recipes’ sole discretion and without notice. The list of online properties may also change at any time and no warranties are made in relation to the continued publication of the listed online properties or sections. All rates stated are exclusive of GST and other applicable taxes, which must be paid by the Advertiser. Rates are not inclusive of publishing costs associated with placement of advertising material. Publishing costs are also payable by the Advertiser.
All planned editorial content, including features, sections and special reports to be included in Reciprocal Recipes’ online properties is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Each person using or accessing any part of the Website indemnifies Reciprocal Recipes, its affiliated companies, and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents against any action, claim, loss or expense arising their use of the Website.
Reciprocal Recipes does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or equivalent State or Territory legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, Reciprocal Recipes excludes all rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of the Site whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent possible:
(a) Reciprocal Recipes does not warrant the accuracy of the content on the Site. The content is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis and on the condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy of the content and rely on it at your own risk. All content on the Site may be changed at Reciprocal Recipes’ sole discretion and without notice.
(b) Reciprocal Recipes will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this Site, subject only to paragraph 6(d).
(c) Reciprocal Recipes does not warrant that functions contained in the Site content, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that Reciprocal Recipes or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs.
(d) Liability of Reciprocal Recipes, for any breach of a term or condition implied by law is limited at Reciprocal Recipes’s discretion, to the supply of any service again or the payment for the cost of having any service supplied again.
(e) You indemnify Reciprocal Recipes and its affiliated companies, and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents against any action, claim, loss or expense which it incurs which arises from your use of the Site.
Reciprocal Recipes does not accept any liability for loss or damages (including for any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss or damage) incurred by any person as a result of reliance on the Content or any other information incorporated into the Website by reference. This limitation of liability applies regardless of whether the loss or damage was caused by negligence or otherwise and whether or not Reciprocal Recipes was aware or should have been aware of the possibility of such damage.
The Content is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the Website undertake the responsibility for assessing the accuracy of its Content and that they rely on it entirely at their own risk.
To the extent permitted by law, all other representations, conditions or warranties, whether based in statute, common law or otherwise, are excluded. Liability of Reciprocal Recipes for any breach of a term or condition implied by law is limited, at Reciprocal Recipes and its affiliates option, to the supply of any service again or the payment for the cost of having any service supplied again.
RE: Recipes currently being published on the Reciprocal Recipes Website (referred to here as the Website).
The contributor licenses or owns recipes published on the Website.
This notice is to ensure that there are no recipes being published by Reciprocal Recipes on the Website that they own or have the license in regard to (referred to here as a Recipe).
Should you identify a Recipe to which you have the right as owner, Reciprocal Recipes requests that you contact the contributor.
This notice does not apply to recipes where there is an existing license between Reciprocal Recipes and Contributors.
Member names and user information
Reciprocal Recipes encourages the use of usernames (e.g. SuperChef) rather than your actual name, to protect your privacy. We require members to include the following Reciprocal Recipes registration information:
- First name
- Family name
- Email address
Failure to include correct information outlined above will be seen as a breach of the user agreement.
Please refrain from choosing offensive usernames and never post a message under another person’s name or pretend to be another person. When commenting on Reciprocal Recipes, your username is the only personal information that is displayed. Your real names and email address will never be displayed publicly unless otherwise specified by you.
The username field is compulsory and must be unique. If the name you select is already in use you will be prompted to choose a different one. You should be aware that your username will be published anywhere you make a contribution to the site.
Important note: Please use careful consideration when choosing your Reciprocal Recipes username, as it will be published on the Reciprocal Recipes website and may be published in any extensions of the Reciprocal Recipes brand or Reciprocal Recipes properties.
Content, user ratings, reviews & comments
At the discretion of the Reciprocal Recipes Administrator or Editor, recipes, personal history, user ratings, reviews & comments may be edited or removed due to foul language, spam posting, inappropriateness, etc. Breeches of this user agreement may result in website users having their membership restricted or deleted without warning.
Reciprocal Recipes may at any time republish content, user ratings, reviews & comments elsewhere on Reciprocal Recipes or in any extensions of the Reciprocal Recipes brand or properties.