Rava Ladoo (steamed rava/semolina ladoo)
Rava Ladoo are soft, melt in the mouth, dessert balls, made with freshly grated coconut, roasted semolina that are infused with aromatic cardamom, and saffron. So here is my version of steamed semolina ladoo. Believe me, I have used just 1 tsp of ghee.
- 1 cup Rava / semolina
- 1 cup Fresh grated coconut
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tbs Dry fruits chopped
- 1 tbs Dry fruits powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Ghee / clarified butter
- 3 tsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbs Raisins
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Add ghee and rava. You can skip ghee if you don’t want it.
- Roast the rava a little on medium heat for just 4-5 minutes. It should not change it's colour. Or, you also can roast the rava in the microwave too.
- Turn off the gas and let the rava cool down a little.
- Add shredded coconut and mix well.
- Put the mixture into a pot and steam it for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- After steaming for 20 minutes, let the pot containing mixture stay in the steamer itself.
- Put the mixture into a dish and add powdered sugar, dry fruits, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder. Mix well. You also can add dry fruits while steaming. Do not add more milk. You can use ghee instead of milk. If you use laddus ghee, laddus last longer.
- Try to roll the ladoos when the mixture is hot. Add raisin and roll again.
- Steamed rava laddus are already. These will remain good at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- Try to use a non-stick pan or kadhai while roasting rava.
- While making powdered sugar for any sweet especially for laddus, make very fine powdered sugar. After blending for minutes, sieve it through a strainer for sooji. Then use powdered sugar for making laddus.