Dulce de leche and chocolate truffles
If you have a sweet tooth, this recipe is worth trying! These soft, fudgy dulce de leche truffles are just to die for! I took a photo of what was remaining, as I kept “testing” that they were just right!
- 300 g Dulce de leche
- 80 g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 400 g Milk chocolate, chopped
- 142 ml Double cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Make the middle first. Heat the Dulce de Leche in a pan for 1 min until warmed and runny.
- Then stir in the chopped dark chocolate and leave to melt. Stir until smooth.
- Cover a dinner plate with cling film, then tip the mix onto it.
- Cool, then freeze for 2 hours or until very firm.
- Put the milk chocolate into a bowl.
- Bring the cream to the boil in another pan, then pour it over the chocolate.
- Leave for 2 minutes, then add the vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Cool, then chill until set.
- Peel the caramel from the cling film, then snip into thumbnail-size pieces; wet kitchen scissors work best.
- Spread cocoa powder over a large baking tray.
- Take a heaped tsp of the truffle mix then, with cocoa-dusted hands, poke in a caramel chunk.
- Squash the mix around the caramel to seal, then roll into a ball.
- Put onto the tray, then shake to coat in the cocoa.
- Repeat with the rest of the mix, then freeze, or chill if making less than 3 days ahead.