If you’re looking for a quick, simple and super flavourful weekday dinner, then this recipe is just what you need...
Lentil pasta (Rishta bi ats)
Enjoy your favourite long pasta topped with a thick and tasty lentil gravy
- 1 large Tin of brown lentils
- 1/2 Brown onion
- 3 clove Garlic
- 50 ml Olive oil
- 1 tbs Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt and pepper
- 500 g Packet of pappardelle
- Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 bunch Coriander
- Warm the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add diced onion and garlic and fry gently for a few minutes until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Drain the tin of lentils and add into the pan with the onion and garlic. Stir fry gently for a few minutes.
- Add the water into the pan and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until it forms a thick gravy.
- When the sauce has thickened, add in the brown sugar, salt and pepper and stir through.
- In a separate pot of boiling salted water, cook the pappardelle.
- Serve cooked pasta into individual bowls and top with lentil gravy. Add chopped coriander, a dollop of Greek yoghurt and serve.