Calamari and prawns in a spicy garlicky tomato sauce
This dish is so yummy. The calamari and prawns are cooked in Moroccan, Mediterranean spicy and garlicky tomato sauce. The sauce is creamy and well combined with the rest of the ingredients and that’s what gives the dish a beautiful flavour.
- 250 g Tiger prawns
- 250 g Calamari or squid
- 3 large Tomatoes
- 4 clove Garlic
- 1 small Onion
- 1 large Red or orange bell pepper
- 1 tbs Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Salt ( to taste )
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 medium Juice of half lemon
- 4 tbs Olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Put a skillet, saucepan or a tagine on a medium low heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the finely chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the thinly diced pepper and the calamari (the calamari should be cut same size as the prawns).
- Add the salt and all the spices and lemon juice.
- Grate the tomatoes and add them with the tomato paste. Stir gently.
- Cook on a medium low heat for approximately 15 minutes and then add the prawns and cook for another 10 minutes until the sauce is creamy and the fish is cooked.
- Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Grill some sourdough bread slices and grate some garlic on them. Serve your dish with the bread slices. Enjoy.