The Greeks have been eating octopus since ancient times and have been eating salads for just as long! The first known salads were discovered in circa 1st century when ancient Greeks gathered raw vegetables, drizzling vinegar, oil, and herbs over top to create the world's first salad.
Baby Octopus Salad
A delicious Greek salad with baby octopus.
- 1.5kg cleaned baby octopuses
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 40g baby rocket
- 250g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup black olives
- Slice off octopus heads below eyes and cut the octopuses in half. Place into a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper, mix until coated.
- Place on a high heat bbq or frying pan and cook until brown.
- In a large bowl, toss together salad ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and olive oil, and toss into salad as a dressing. Serve octopus with salad, rocket.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and olive oil, and toss into salad as a dressing.
- Serve octopus with salad and rocket, enjoy!