Triple chocolate cheesecake with oranges
For all chocaholics, for all cheesecake lovers, for all who like a sweet treat without reason :-). I don't have to convince you to try this cheesecake. Just look at it and imagine the triple chocolate load - it is irresistible and definitely worth trying. So - enjoy.
- 200 g chocolate crackers
- 100 g soft butter
- 500 g cream cheese
- 300 g good dark chocolate
- 40 g corn starch
- 1 whole egg
- 50 g cream
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Put the crackers into a grinder or food processor and grind them to fine powder. Mix them with softened butter and push them to the bottom and on the edges of a cake form with diameter of 20 cm.
- For the cream filling, put the cream cheese, 250 g of melted and cooled chocolate, one egg, orange zest and corn starch into a bit bowl and whisk it till creamy and smooth. Pour the filling info prepared crust.
- Place a heat resistant bowl with water into the oven, preheat it to 160 degrees celsius and once hot enough, put the cake into the oven on a tray based above the water bowl so the steam can go up and bake slowly for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool. Before serving, chop the remainder of the chocolate finely, pour over it boiled cream and whisk till the chocolate melts. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the cheesecake and let sit in a cold place for several minutes.