Before my husband’s birthday, I asked him, what kind of cake he´d like me to bake for him. Spontaneously, he said - Mango cheesecake. So I sat down, started to think of a recipe and how to incorporate mango and its amazing taste into a baked cheesecake. The result was amazing, so I am happy to share my recipe with you all now.
Tasty, fluffy and creamy cheesecake enriched with sweet fruity mango. Something you should not hesitate about...
- 160 g plain wheat flour
- 80 g almond meal
- 160 g unsalted butter
- 80 g powder sugar
- 250 g curd
- 300 g cream cheese
- 1 whole ripe mango
- 1 whole egg
- 60 g sugar
- 40 g maize starch
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- Mix all ingredients for the dough, knead a compact dough, warp it in plastic foil and refrigerate for about one hour.
- For the will, process the ripe mango flesh and push it through a sieve to get rid of the hard fibers. Mix it then with the rest of the ingredients for the filling and set aside.
- Roll the chilled dough into a circle, a bit bigger than the diameter of your cake form. Using your palms, push the dough to the bottom and on the sides of the cake form (diameter 20 cm).
- Pour the mango filling into the dough in the form and bake in preheated oven on 160 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes.
- Let the baked cheesecake cool, set and then serve it with fresh fruit.