This is a salad that I whipped up after buying fresh fruit direct from the orchard. It was a very hot Australian summer day and I had been working on my sheep farm for the day. I was hot and bothered and needed something light and refreshing! This really hit the spot.
Summer Salad with Burrata
This salad is perfect for a hot summer day. Quarter and grill peaches and nectarines with prosciutto and place on top of baby spinach, carrot, cucumber and cut tomatoes. I also happened to have some burrata in the fridge which I sliced opened before serving. Drizzle some maple balsamic glaze, or just some balsamic vinegar and dinner is served. Very simple, very fresh, very summer and very tasty.
- 2 Peaches
- 2 Nectarines
- Baby spinach
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Tomato
- Grill or pan fry prosciutto
- Grill or pan fry nectarines and peaches
- Mix baby spinach, grated carrot, sliced cucumber and sliced tomato on a serving platter
- Top with grilled prosciutto and peaches and nectarines
- Place Burrata on top and slice into quarters
- Drizzle over maple balsamic or plain balsamic vinegar