Σαλάτα της Άνοιξης // Salata tis Anixis // Spring salad
A salad that is colourful, vibrant, nutritious, delicious! All in one dish that will be a show stopper at the table. I used a mixture of the Perfection Mix A Mato Mini tomatoes and the Solanato tomatoes and added strawberries as well for that elegant element of surprise and the mild sweetness that when paired with the balsamic vinegar it catapulted the salad to heavens. Amount of the ingredients can be changed accordingly.
- 300 g prepackaged salad greens of your choice rinsed and patted dr
- 1 large large avocado sliced
- 1 cup mini tomatoes sliced
- 5-6 strawberries cut in rounds
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbs good balsamic vinegar
- sesame seeds optional
- Take a nice flat platter and scatter the greens. Then we work in layers, place first the avocado slices, then the tomatoes, the strawberries and the red onion.
- Sprinkle some salt, followed by the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Sesame seeds if you like and serve immediately without mixing.