Moroccan carrot warm salad
This is one of the traditional Moroccan salads. The carrots are first preboiled then sautéed in a chermoula made of garlic, fresh coriander, parsley and spices. The drizzle of lemon juice at the end adds a fresh, Mediterranean flavour to the salad.
- 500 g Carrots
- 2 clove Garlic
- 1 handful Coriander and parsley
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbs Olive oil
- Cut the carrots into circles or sticks and boil for 5 minutes.
- Chop the parsley and coriander and dice or mince the garlic.
- In a saucepan, add the olive oil, garlic, tomato paste and all the spices.
- Transfer the carrots to the saucepan and mix well to let the carrots absorb the flavours of the garlic and spices.
- Add the parsley, coriander and lemon juice and mix again.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, drizzle with olive oil and serve .