When food is prepared with love, I am convinced that the people who eat it can feel it. This is a great example of a simple dish that can be transformed with a bit of extra love and care.
Rose-shaped Apple Pies
These look pretty fancy, but they’re actually super easy to make. Checkout our video link to see the simple technique used to create that beautiful trademark swirl.https://youtu.be/Qz6IoZd0XYg
- 1 medium sheet puff pastry
- 2 medium red apples
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tsp jam
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Squeeze half a lemon in a microwave-proof bowl. Thinly slice the apples and place it in the bowl and cover with water. Microwave the apples for 2-3 minutes, drain and set them aside.
- In the meantime, mix the jam with a bit of hot water to make it thinner and easier to brush.
- Cut pastry sheet into eight long equal strips. Brush a bit of jam across the middle of your first strip. Then place apple slices, overlapping across the top edge of the pastry strip, sitting just outside the edge.
- Fold the pastry strip in half all along and roll it up into a tight scroll. Pop it into one of the muffin tray to hold its shape. Repeat 7 more times.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 45 mins, or until golden brown on the top and cooked through in the middle.