These Mediterranean lemon cookies are super soft and gooey. They are made of a few simple ingredients like flour, lemon zest and juice and only one egg. Indulge your guests with these cookies served with a cup of tea or coffee. Just yummy! 😋
- 300 g Plain flour
- 80 g Caster sugar
- 90 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 large Lemon juice
- 1 large Lemon zest
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 pinch Salt
- Enough icing sugar to sprinkle on the cookies before baking them
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Gather all the ingredients and preheat the oven 180C.
- In a large bowl, start by mixing the egg, sugar and the oil. Whisk well.
- Add salt, zest and juice of one lemon and mix well.
- Add the baking powder and the flour bit by bit and mix with your hand.
- Shape your cookies into small balls and transfer each ball to a baking tray using parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the cookies with icing sugar and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until your cookies are cooked. Don’t let them turn brown. Enjoy! 😉