Moroccan gluten free biscuits
These biscuits are very popular in Morocco. They are gooey and so delicious. Made of ground walnuts and ground almonds, they go well with tea, coffee or as a snack.
- 140 g Ground walnuts
- 140 g Almond meal/flour
- 1 large Egg
- 80 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbs Icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 10 Walnuts
- 10 Almonds
- In a bowl, add the ground walnuts, almonds, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix well to combine all the ingredients. You have to get a sticky smooth paste/dough.
- Shape the dough into balls (approximately 14g each).
- On a plate, put the icing sugar and roll the dough balls one by one in the sugar. Coat them well and transfer them onto a tray with parchment sheet.
- Press on the balls to slightly flatten then but not too much.
- Place a piece of walnut or almond in the middle, then bake in a preheated 180C oven for 20 to 25 minutes. The biscuits should crack on the edges . Just yummy 🤤 Enjoy