Moroccan Richbond coconut cookies
These little cakes are popular in Morocco. They are served with mint tea and coffee and also during special occasions like Eid or weddings… they are very tasty and coconuty and the apricot jam adds a lot of softness to the cookie.
- 2 medium Eggs
- 280 g Sugar
- 300 g Desiccated coconut
- 90 ml Melted butter
- 90 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 220 g Flour more or less depends on the consistency of the dough.
- 400 g Runny apricot jam
- 350 g Desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl, start by mixing the eggs and the sugar, then add the butter and oil. Mix well.
- Add the 300g of coconut and the vanilla, mix the ingredients well with your hands to combine them properly.
- Add the baking powder and then bit by bit the flour until you obtain a soft dough that is easy to shape into small balls.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper and start shaping the cookies. You choose to shape them into small balls or into the size of a golf ball.
- Preheat the oven 180C, bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until they are pale golden brown. Once the cookies are ready, let them cool.
- In the meantime, prepare a bowl, add the apricot jam (if your jam is not runny, warm it a little bit with a tbsp of blossom water or just water, then use it)
- Prepare another bowl with rest of the coconut. Dip the biscuits in the jam, coat them well then roll them in the coconut. Repeat until all the cookies are ready. Enjoy 😉