I wanted to bake something colorful. And fruity. Without using any artificial food coloring. And then I got an idea about raspberries, which waited in my freezer for fulfilling their sweet destiny. Long story short, I baked this amazing swiss roll, which / thanks to the raspberries / tasted sooooo fruity that everyone was amazed. You definitely should try this.
Valentine’s Day Swiss Roll with Raspberries
Ideal dessert to give to someone we love. And it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day. 🙂
- 5 whole eggs
- 120 g caster sugar
- 100 g all purpose four
- 1 scoop salt
- 250 g frozen raspberries
- 1,5 tbs caster sugar
- 4 whole leaves of gelatine
- 200 ml whole cream (for whipping)
- Cook the raspberries with sugar until soft, then mix them shortly. Put the gelatin. leaves into cold water and let soften for about 10 minutes. Drain the gelatin, and put it into hot raspberries, mix, until the gelatin dissolves and let it cool.
- Whip the cream, gently fold it into the raspberry mixture and let cool for hour-two, until you get thick lava-like consistency.
- For the swiss roll, first whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt till stiff. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with sugar, till you get a fluffy light yellow cream.
- Sift the flour over the yolk mixture, fold in gently but thoroughly and then add the egg whites and also, fold them in. Pour this mixture onto a baking trey with parchment paper and bake in preheated oven on 200 degrees celsius for about 10 minutes (do not overbake). Right after the dough is baked, flip it onto a kitchen towel sprinkled with powder sugar, pull down the parchment paper and roll the dough into a swiss role. Let cool.
- When the rolled dough has been cooled, unroll it, fill it with the thickened raspberry cream, roll it back and put into refridgerator to set. Serve sprinkled with powder sugar and love :-).