Pumpkin and Red Bean Pancakes
Pumpkin is a traditional vegetable that my household seems to love a lot. I like to make different dishes using pumpkin, so I thought I'll try to make pumpkin and red bean pancakes today. They're crispy on the outside and soft inside!
- 250 g Pumpkin
- 150 g Glutinous rice flour
- 1 scoop Red bean paste
- 4 tbs Cooking oil
- Remove skin from pumpkin and cut into thin slices. Steam till soft for around 15 mins then mash it.
- Mix the mashed pumpkin into glutenous rice flour. Knead it into a smooth dough. If the dough is too dry you can add a splash of hot water.
- Put some cooking oil on your hands.
- Cut a small 30g piece of dough, wrap 10g of red bean paste filling, roll it into a small ball and flatten it into a pancake.
- Pour the 3 tablespoons of cooking oil into a non-stick pan and heat the oil. Place the pancake into into the pan and fry both sides until golden brown ~ around 7-8 minutes.