Homemade Fried Doughnuts
A simple brioche bread dough recipe not baked, but fried doughnuts. A great tea/coffee time snack or enrich it with glaze of your choice to make a perfect dessert. A favorite and a great hit at my kids' and grandkids' party.
Make brioche dough
- 4 cup All purpose flour
- 3 tbs Castor sugar
- 1&1/2 tsp Salt
- 1&1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 3 tsp Instant yeast
- 2 large Eggs
- 250 ml Milk
- 60 g Soften unsalted butter
- 1/2 l Oil for frying
- Put all the first 8 ingredients in a stand mixer bowl on speed 2 till well combined then increase to 4, knead for approximately 10 mins. till smooth and side of bowl comes clean.
- Remove the dough on to a well dusted work surface, and knead to form a smooth ball. Return to bowl and cover with cling film or reusable shower cap/bonnet. Allow to proof till double in size.
- Turn the well risen dough on to a well dusted work surface. Divide dough into 12 balls - for big size or 16 medium sizes or 20 smaller ones.
- Roll each ball till smooth, place on each individual parchment paper.
- Cover with a tea towel and allow to proof the second time till double in size.
- Make a hole with your finger in the middle of the risen dough before turning on to a pan of heated oil of 160°C/350°F. Remove the parchment paper carefully. Fry them in batches on both sides till golden brown.
- Remove onto a rack, cool completely before sugar coating them or any glaze of your choice.