Greek Christmas shortbread cookies
- 250 g Unsalted butter
- 3 tbs Icing sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tbs Brandy
- 1/2 cup Chopped roasted almonds
- 2.5 cup Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 cup Icing sugar
- Melt butter until bubbles subside and sediment is golden brown.
- Place in freezer until it solidifies.
- Add icing sugar to solidified butter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and brandy and beat well.
- Add roast almonds and beat until mixed in.
- Sift flour and baking powder and gradually add to butter mixture (Dough should come together but should be soft)
- Break off small pieces the size of large walnut. Shape into crescents or roll into balls.
- Place cookies on ungreased baking trays and cook in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on tray for 10 minutes. -Roll them in icing sugar and sift some on top.