In Morocco we love our chermoula. We use it in most of the tagines whether we cook meat or fish, and of course it goes divinely with vegetables too. I used honey with the cauliflower to give it a sweet kick that goes very well with its hearty taste. You can replace the honey with maple syrup if you are Vegan.
Moroccan chermoula roasted cauliflower
This is a superb way to eat cauliflower, well marinated in chermoula, which is a Moroccan sauce made of lemon juice, fresh coriander, olive oil and spices . It gives a nice flavour to boring vegetables.
- 2 small Cauliflower
- 1 handful Fresh coriander
- 1 medium Lemon
- 2 tbs Honey
- 3 clove Garlic
- 4 tbs Olive oil
- 3 tbs Cold water
- 3 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven 180.
- Clean the cauliflower and set aside.
- Chop the coriander and the garlic.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- In a food processor, add the coriander, garlic, lemon juice, all the rest of the spices, olive oil and water.
- Blend for few seconds until you obtain a smooth sauce.
- Put the cauliflower in a baking tray, then pour the sauce on the top.
- Cover the cauliflower with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes.
- Serve your cauliflower with a fresh salad.