A nutty salty sweet loaf perfect for picnics.
- 1/2 large cauliflower
- 4 large eggs (organic)
- 1/2 cup mint and parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 tbs olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 small orange zest
- 1/3 cup thyme (chopped)
- 1 tbs oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup halloumi cheese (or any hard cheese)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt and cracked pepper
- 1 cup flour (gluten free can be used)
- Finely chop the cauliflower, keeping the leaves and stems. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Add to a bowl the cauliflower, eggs, mint and parsley, olive oil, orange zest, thyme, oregano, tumeric, cinnamon, chilli flakes, cumin, halloumi, baking powder, salt and pepper and flour. Mix well and allow to rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, blanch the cauliflower leaves and stems.
- Liberally oil a loaf tin and lay the cauliflower leaves in the bottom with the leaves coming up the sides.
- Spoon in the cauliflower mixture and level the top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.