Classic Scones with cream and jam
You'll have a batch of soft and delicious scones in no time. Perfect for unexpected guest!
- 500 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 150 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp sugar
- 5 tsp milk
- 100 g dry fruits
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, citrus zest, baking powder, salt and sugar).
- The butter must be cold and rub it into the flour to obtain like little snowflakes.
- Make a well in the middle and add the eggs and the milk as much the the dough needs. The texture of the dough is very soft and a bit sticky.
- Add the dry fruits and put it in the fridge for 30 mins.
- After the dough has rested, roll it out 2 or 3 cm think, cut the scones and place them in the oven tray.
- Cook in the oven for 12 or 15 mins until golden.