Biscotti da inzuppo - Italian breakfast biscuits
Our classic Italian biscotti da inzuppo, also know as biscotti da latte. Just like Nonna use to make for us... At home, we all adore these biscuits, for breakfast( IItalian colazione)with a warm cup of caffee` latte. caffee!latte is great on its own, but dunknking one of these biscotti into your coffee`is something that most Italian still do, Magis Happens!! and your coffe will always tastes so much better ... Without a dough, these biscotti will always be our favourite to have in our pantry. Hope you enjoy these biscuits has mush as waht we all do at home.
- 4 medium oragnic eggs
- 120 g caster sugar
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 80 ml olive oil
- 40 ml full cream milk
- 2 medium lemon zest
- 450 g self-rising-flour
- 100 g caster sugar extra
- 100 g plain flour extra
- Preheat the oven at 160c fan forced, line a baking tray with silicon paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl,whisk eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and sugar just to combine. Add milk and oil and and whisk in.
- Add self-rising -flourinand with a wooden spoon mix in. Place mixture onto a lighthy floured bench and gently knead just to combine, about one minute, donot over mix....
- Oil your hands, and shape biscuits into an oblong shape about 7cmx2cm in lenght. slighlty dip each biscuits into the extra sugar to cover.
- Place biscuits sugar side up onto to a lined bakibg tray and bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes on until biscuits are golden in colour.