Hot and spicy sweet potato poori with onion curry
It’s a staple breakfast for weekends at home with this authentic simple poori curry which is super delicious, mouthwatering and spicy when hot.
- 2 Onions
- 5 Green chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- Curry leaves
- 1 tbs Chana dal
- 1 tbs Urad dal
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 Red chillies
- 1 tbs Besan
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chana, urad dal, mustard, red chillies, hing and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the turmeric, ginger, green chilies, curry leaves, onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and water for the onions to become soft.
- Meanwhile, mix besan with water and keep aside.
- Once the onions are cooked, add this besan mix to it and add some water. Make sure it’s not too thick (as the besan cooks it tends to become thick, so add more water if required). It should be in a thin consistency.
- Once the besan cooks, add chopped cilantro and serve hot with pooris. 😋