This recipe never fails to make me feel like I am on holidays at some 5-star hotel....Which is pretty dreamy given current traveling restrictions! Best of all, it's actually super cheap, healthy, and very quick to whizz together for the week ahead!
Swiss Bircher Muesli
This brekkie recipe is jam-packed with goodness, vitamins, and nutrients from the fruit and nut mix, as well as protein from the plain yogurt. It's also high in texture with a soft crunch from the nuts and flavour, with the addition of the cinnamon. It lasts for a few days in the fridge, so perfect to prep ahead for Sunday brunch, or as a nutritious brekkie for busy weekdays. Visit www.preppedfresh.com.au for more make-ahead breakfast ideas!https://youtu.be/O4D2gYDJco4
- 3 cup Good quality apple juice
- 3 cup Rolled oats
- 1 medium Apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Sunflower kernel
- 1 cup Silvered almond
- 2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Berries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix the rolled oats, grated apple, nuts, apple juice in a bowl until well combined and place in the fridge for 1h or overnight.
- Add yoghurt and top with cinnamon and berries, before the first serve. Keep leftovers refrigerated.