Besides making wonderful soups, homemade chicken broth can be used in pies, casseroles, risottos and other recipes that call for chicken stock. Making your own broth or stock at home is super easy and makes all the difference. So give it a shot, as it will make it even more memorable like a true family classic should be!
Creamy Chicken Pie
Chicken pies are the perfect feel-good food. Cosy and flavourful, it’s the perfect home-cooked meal for your friends and family.https://preppedfresh.com.au/blogs/recipes/creamy-chicken-pie?_pos=1&_sid=c4eaca221&_ss=r
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium Cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium Leek, finely chopped
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- 2 cup Pulled chicken meat
- 2 tbs Flour
- 1 cup Chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup Cream
- 1/3 cup Thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium Puff Pastry
- 1 medium egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 200°C and heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, leek to the pan and sauté for a few minutes. Add the chicken meat, and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the stock, then the cream. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened & creamy. Season to taste.
- Grease a round baking tray and dust it with flour to make it non stick. Flip it over the pastry and cut around it to form the lid of the pie. Set aside.
- Spoon in the chicken mixture, sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese if you fancy it. Top with the pastry. Cut a small chimenea on top to allow the steam to escape while cooking, press edges to seal, trim any excess pastry using a sharp knife and brush with the egg glaze.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.