In Morocco we love our cup of fresh mint tea with some pastry whether it is an almond cookie, a pancake, flat bread or a good piece of home made cake. We have different recipes for cakes and we call them Meskouta (soft spongy cake).
Made with coconut milk and desiccated coconut, this cake is so moist and has a delicate flavor. When it’s all baked, I let it cool for a few minutes then I brushed it with honey and sprinkled it with coconut. So yummy 🤤
- 1 cup Coconut milk (canned)
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 cup Sunflower oil
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 medium Eggs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Beat the eggs with sugar and oil.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla extract and vinegar.
- Add baking powder, desiccated coconut and whisk.
- Add the flour bit by bit while whisking.
- Grease a cake tin and pour the batter in it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 185 C for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool the cake for few minutes, brush it with honey or jam and sprinkle some coconut on the top. Enjoy with mint tea or a cup of coffee.