Non-baked Hungarian curd cheescake with fresh strawberries
Cake for breakfast? Yes! Why not? 😃 This non-baked cake is delicious, but not too sweet and easy to make. It is based on oatmeal and almonds, and its filling consists of creamy Hungarian curd cheese and cream cheese flavored with lemon and vanilla. It has everything you need for a good breakfast: whole grains, dairy, nuts and fresh fruit. Of course, not only can you prepare it for breakfast, it is also a great fruity dessert. (Easy to make in both gluten and lactose free versions.)
- 100 g ground blanched almonds
- 250 g oatmeal (quick cook)
- 100 g melted butter
- small pinch of salt
- 50 g agave syrup or flower honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 500 g creamy hungarian curd cheese
- 250 g natural cream cheese
- 1 large organic lemon grated peel
- 100 g agave syrup or flower honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g fresh strawberries diced
- 20 g almonds, sliced
- Add the oats to a food processor, and grind until it is a fine breadcrumbs. Then mix with the ground almonds.
- Mix the melted butter with salt, agave syrup and vanilla.
- Mix well the wet and dry mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 23 cm removable bottom pie baking tin. Firmly press into the bottom and up the side of the tart pan. Rest in the refrigerator until you make the filling.
- Mix the ingredients of the filling and smooth on the base.
- Rest in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Before serving, place the chopped strawberries in the middle and sprinkle with sliced almonds. It's more easy, if you place the strawberries and the almonds on the cake slices after serving.