Appe Recipe | Kuzhi Paniyaram Recipe
This crispy and delicious Appe Recipe is a mouthwatering snack made from idli batter. The original appe recipe is made up of idli batter, chopped onion and green chilies.
- 1 cup Idli batter
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green chillie
- Handful of coriander
- Pinch of baking soda
- Salt to taste
- To make an instant appe recipe, take 1 large cup of idli batter in a bowl. Add finely chopped onion, green chilies, salt to taste and coriander to it.
- Mix it well. Now add a pinch of baking soda to it. Give it a good mix. We can replace baking soda with half tablespoon of eno.
- Heat the appe pan. Turn the flame to low and add little oil to each mold. Now add paniyaram batter to each mold with the help of a spoon. Fill batter up to ¾th of mold only, as appe will increase in size once they are cooked.
- After 2-3 minutes, the bottom of the appam turns crispy and golden. Flip the appe one by one. And cook from another side as well.
- Serve the hot and crispy masala appam with coconut chutney or sambar.