A very simple semolina pudding which is very creamy and has a rich flavor, topped with cream and chopped pistachios and a spoon of sugar syrup. It is a very simple semolina-based Lebanese dessert and is our favorite Arabic dessert which is very easy to prepare and also tastes great!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 l condensed milk
- 4 tbs rose essence or rose water
- 1 tsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbs pistachios (crushed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup semolina
- First bring the milk to boil and dissolve the condensed milk into it.
- Now keep stirring the milk and add the semolina and stir until thick… don’t boil it for a long time because it hardens fast.
- Before you switch off the flame add the rose essence and mix well (if you don’t like rose essence you can add orange blossom water).
- Now pour it into a pudding tray and let it set.
- Now beat the whipping cream and heavy cream until soft peaks occur and pour it on top of the semolina layer after its fully set.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Now make the sugar syrup by combining water, sugar and lemon juice… only boil and dissolve the sugar… don’t boil until strings form.
- Let it cool.
- Add the syrup while serving the pudding.