Here in Greece these bagels are very popular. They are very tasty and healthy for our kids. It’s one of our favourites and you can fill them with everything you desire. From praline or cream cheese and ham... the choices are immense... there is no limit!
Κουλουρι Θεσσαλονικης / koulouri Thessalonikis
The best breakfast, brunch, lunch... 🤣
- 300 g Flour all purpose
- 200 g Flour strong
- 16 g Yeast
- 35 g Granulated sugar
- 280 g Tap water
- 9 g Salt
- 200 g Sesami
- 500 g Water
- 2 tsp Sugar
- In your mixer bowl whisk the water with yeast and sugar and leave it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes pour in all the other ingredients and whisk for about 8 minutes till you have a nice smooth dough.
- Leave it till it doubles. About 1 hour and a half.
- In one bowl pour your sesami and in another bowl pour the water with the sugar.
- When your dough is ready divide in 10 small balls.
- Knead them till you have a long roll and make a nice circle.
- Dip each one first in the bowl with water and after into the sesami.
- Place them on parchment paper and bake them in preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes.