Oreo Muffins (with whole-wheat flour and no butter)
If anything can beat chocolate, it definitely has to be oreo, Don't you agree? These oreo muffins are moist, chocolatey and so delicious. I mean can you ever go wrong with Oreos! Made with wholewheat flour these are relatively healthy and are not overly sweet, are perfect to pair with your coffee. Alternatively, you can serve these with chocolate sauce or ice-cream for a more indulgent treat. I haven't tried the egg-less version yet, but if you do let me know how it turned out. I've read you can use a flax egg or ripe mashed bananas (1/4 cup for each egg), work as well. I greatly recommend making a bigger batch because they vanish so soon!! 😉 If you do make them do tag me @platetooplate on IG :)) Happy Baking!
- 1 cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 5-6 Oreo cookies (bashed) + more for topping
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/5 cup curd + 3 tbsp
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners set aside.
- In a bowl sift and combine all dry ingredients and set aside,
- Now, in a separate bowl combine milk and curd with a whisk then add in oil followed by the egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Now add in the dry mix in batches to this and gently fold with a spatula until combined. Do not overmix since it will result in dense muffins.
- Using a measuring cup divide the batter in the muffin moulds/ tray, filling each compartment 3/4th full. Top with some oreo cookie pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes depending on your oven or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Transfer on a cooling rack and let cool. Relish!