The Moreton Bay Bug (named after Moreton Bay in Brisbane Queensland) is a unique species of lobster with many nicknames such as slipper lobster and Balmian bug. The official name of the crustation is ...Read more
Moreton Bay Bugs
A delicious simple recipe for one of the best tasting crustaceans.
- 2 clove Garlic
- Unsalted butter
- 2 Moreton bay bugs
- Olive oil
- Add a 1/4 stick of butter into a bowl and keep in microwave until melted.
- Finely mince 2 garlic cloves and add to the butter.
- Finely chop a handful of parsley and add to the butter.
- Mix the garlic butter and place in fridge until it solidifies.
- Chop 2 Moreton Bay bugs into halves.
- Once butter is solidified use a spoon to scoop the butter onto the exposed meat side of the half.
- Cook on a hot skillet garlic butter side down until sufficiently browned.