Leek & green pea soup
This recipe couldn’t be easier. There’s just three main ingredients and with just those it’s delicious. However, feel free to go rogue and add whatever else you fancy to the base recipe. Use up whatever’s left over! I usually add garlic and restrain myself from adding potato and carrot... but I’m sure it’d be great with them too.
- 2 medium Leeks
- 250 g Split green peas
- 2 whole Cubes chicken or vegetable stock
- Slice up the leek and sweat them off in a pot with a little olive oil.
- Add the split green peas and fry them a little.
- Cover with water and add the chicken/vegetable stock cubes.
- Cook until the peas are soft but still have a bit of bite to them.
- Season was pepper and salt if needed and serve piping hot!