Its my husband's favorite as well as his late mother. I always made sure to make it when my mother in law used to visit us that was when she was alive.
Coconut Crepe Rolls
This is breakfast for us but you can take it up by a notch and turn into a fancy dessert with fresh fruits like mango or grilled pineapple. Options are endless... crepes and pancakes are now global food culture. My recipe calls for dessicated coconut, but fresh coconut grinded and milk extracted once will do great just as I did.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1&1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup Melon seeds (optional)
- 3 tbs Granulated sugar
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter with a whisk till smooth. If too thick, add more milk. Use your own judgement. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the coconut in a pan till fragrant. Remove from the flame, add the sugar, peanuts or melon seeds or both if you desire. Keep aside to cool.
- Make the crepe one at the time on sim. Cook just enough till the wet batter dries, flip over then turn into a work surface.
- Continue making the crepe. Simultaneously make the roll while the crepe is still warm. Spoon a table of two of the coconut filling, turn both sides then roll into cigars or like spring roll.
- The roll will seal on its own when placed on the tray.
- Once all the rolls are made, return as many as you can place in the pan. On low flame, keep turning the rolls till golden brown.
- Eat as it is with your coffee or tea.
- You may serve it with fresh fruits like mango or grilled pineapple.