Carrot loaf cake with candied orange peel and pecans
Super easy and tasty carrot cake for Easter!
- 125 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 100 g white sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g finely grated carrot
- 60 g chopped pecans
- 40 g candied orange peel
- 60 g cream cheese
- 60 g mascarpone
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 60 g whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Gently oil a loaf cake tin, then put baking paper in it (so it moves less) and oil it as well.
- Drizzle over the flour with baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix the oil with sugar and vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time. Stir the flour into the oily mixture in two portions, then add the carrot, 50 g pecans and 30 g candied oranges as well.
- Pour the batter into the lined mould and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Place on a rack, cool for 15-20 minutes in the form, then cover and allow to cool completely.
- While the dough cools, prepare the cream. Mix the cream cheese, mascarpone and icing sugar. Beat the cream (I usually beat more and measure 60 g out of it), then a small portion first, and finally the rest into the cream cheese mixture.
- Apply the cream to the cookie and sprinkle with chopped pecans and candied oranges.