Carrot and Tahini Dip
Roasted Carrot Tahini Dip is vibrant, creamy and delicious. It's super healthy that is naturally gluten free, grain free and dairy free! Blend the soaked cashews into this dip for a extra creaminess for a a nutty (paleo) dip.
- 500 g carrots
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked
- 1 tbs smoked paprika & extra for topping
- 1 tbs honey or Vegan Version (Maple Syrups)
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Chop carrots into small chunks and spread out on tray.
- Drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until softened and browning at the edges.
- Next step is soaking the cashews in hot water for about 20 minutes.
- Once soaked, simply drain and set aside.
- Once the carrots are done and cool enough to handle, place them in a blender or food processor.
- Add 3-4 tbsp water and process until you get a rough puree.
- Add the olive oil, tahini, honey, cumin, paprika, coriander, plus soaked cashews to the blender/food processor.
- Process again to form a smooth dip. If the dip is too thick, add a little extra water until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika or if you like Za'atar.
- Serve with homemade Lavosh bread.