Pointy Gourd dessert / parval mithai
This is a traditional Indian regional sweet dish from the state of Uttar Pradesh. This dish is prepared at weddings and happy occasions in smaller towns, villages and cities of the state.
- 500 g Pointy gourd
- 300 g Dried whole milk
- 50 g Cashew, almond, pistachios
- 10 mg Green cardamom
- 5 mg Saffron strands
- 250 g Sugar
- Blanch pointy gourd in hot water and de-seed by slitting in between after peeling the vegetable.
- Prepare whole dried milk by cooking the milk on high flame until the consistency is thick and slightly creamy.
- Add your choice of mixed dry fruits and sugar in the above mentioned quantity.
- Drench the pointy gourd in sugar syrup for five minutes only.
- Remove the pointy gourd and stuff the dried whole milk aka as mawa in between the veggie.
- Garnish with saffron strands and freeze for 2 hours.
- Serve cold and this sweet dish can stay refrigerated for up to one week.
- Enjoy this sweet dish during summers and scorching heat!