Early in the 1930’s Plaek Phibunsongkhram, who was the Prime Minister at the time wanted to make a patriotic food that would become the national dish of Thailand to bring the people together. He soo...Read more
A simple recipe for a beloved Thai dish.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 tbs Tamarind Puree
- 1 large Onion
- 3 clove Garlic Cloves
- 1 handful Finely Chopped Peanuts
- 1 packet Thai Dried Rice Noodles
- Lemon Wedges
- 3 tbs Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tbs Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbs Fish Sauce
- Place rice noodles into boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix 1.5 tbsp of tamarind puree with 3 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp fish sauce and 1.5 tbsp oyster sauce.
- Put vegetable oil into a non-stick pan and place on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Take off the heat and then add sliced chicken and cook until browning.
- Crack 2 eggs into the pan next to the chicken and make an omelette.
- Chop the omelete up once cooked.
- Add noodles, sauce and vegetables into pan and mix thoroughly.
- Add to a bowl with sliced lemon and finely crushed peanuts and enjoy!